SDI Open Water Course
OPEN WATER COURSE
The open water course is the first course to becoming a scuba diver, it is where you learn , practice and perform the skills needed to safely scuba dive within Melbourne waters. We say Melbourne as there are a few extra points that we teach to keep you safely diving. Learning to dive in Melbourne will better equip you to dive overseas making your overseas trip alot easier and safer. This is due to our conditions not being that of tropical waters.
Our course is designed for individuals to become competent in diving. Combined with you we can teach you to become confident over time. Identify risks and hazards and make the right decisions when diving.
It is here where we prepare you for out there.
There are three components to this course.
- The theory component is online and can be completed at your own leisure. Once completed you will be required to come in store for a review with your instructor to discuss questions you have wrong any questions and any other concerns you may have in regards to your course.
- Confined Water Training
- This part of the course will be located in a heated pool.
- During this training we will go through the 5 modules you would have covered in the online theory.
- Open water Training
- Here we put everything we have learnt in theory and confined practical space into real life setting,
- 3 Shore dives
- 1x Boat Dive ( 18m)
We will require you to come in three weeks prior to your course commencing to complete your student file , a medical form and equipment fitment. This may also be your chance to ask about gear and what is best for you and your budget.
- Minimum age of 15 with parental consent
- ability to swim 200m
- Tread water 10 minutes
- Internationally recognised digital certification allowing you to dive to 18 metres of depth
- Online Open Water training package
- Pool training
- Shore dives x 2
- Boat dives x 2
- All tuition fees, pool entry fee and air fills
- Use weights, air cylinders, regulators, gauges and buoyancy compensator
- Student Log book
- Student discounts within shop on gear.
- Ongoing support and advice
- no joining fees or membership fees to join our our social group.
For your personal hygiene and comfort you will need to purchase your own wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins, dive boots, gloves and hood ( if winter)