Who this course is for:
- The certified Advance Diver looking to expand their knowledge of decompression Theory and Diving Techniques
- The certified Advanced Diver who is interested in extending their bottom time
- The certified Advance Diver who has interest in moving forward with the technical diving education.
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of SDI Adventure Diver, Advanced Diver, or equivalent.
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
What you can expect to learn:
- Decompression dive planning:
- Decompression gas choices
- Tables vs Personal dive computers
- Emergency and contingency planning (equipment failure omitted decompression, etc.)
- Decompression Diving Procedures
- Equipment selection
- Pre-dive checks and drills
- Stress analysis and mitigation
- Following a decompression schedule
- Gas switching
- Team awareness and communication
- SMB/Lift bag deployment
- Proper Trim, buoyancy and finning techniques
- Emergency procedures (equipment failures, catastrophic gas loss, omitted decompression, navigational errors, ETC)
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures and gas blending
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to conduct decompression diving activities without direct supervision provided:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate of those training
- Ability to enroll in TDI advance Nitrox, TDI extended Range, TDI Advanced Wreck, TDI trimix courses.
TDI Decompression Diver Minimum Certification Requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of TI Decompression Procedures courses written examination
- Complete all open water requirements Safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution.
Course cost $699